Monday, November 19, 2007

This Ride Has Taken It's Toll On Me

I’m in pain. In a hell lot of pain.

I’ve got blisters from wearing new shoes and muscle (what’s left of it) pain from too much walking and climbing stairs. TF said I should bite the shoes before they ‘bite’ me. I asked her to bite my shoes for me. She politely declined.

This never happen during retail therapy. New shoes or not. Why do you think is that?

So. That gives me the right to be cranky.

First thing first, the government need to do something about parking space and proposal to have more shopping malls.

The parking area behind the office was closed since Tuesday last week. We paid a hefty $8.50 a day to park there. They’re building a shopping mall on that particular spot. I just don’t understand why they need another mall when KLCC is just 10 minutes walk away and Pavillion is a mere 5 minutes walk from here. Jeez.

Anyway, now that it’s closed, there’s only one viable choice – the parking lot next to the Weld. They charged $8.50 a day as well but since it became the only parking lot available around here, they started to increase the price. From a hefty $8.50 a day to $10 a day on Tuesday last week, to a crazy $15 a day since Wednesday!

That’s just insane!

Adik needed chauffeuring to school so I had no choice but to succumb to the horrendous price tag. I didn’t particularly feel comfortable because I had to leave my car keys with the parking attendant. The parking lot was too full and patrons had to double- even triple-park. We had to leave our keys so that the cars can be easily moved around the lot.

I kept imagining that the parking attendant will round his gang and happily take our cars away! Erkkk!!!

I parked next to HLB after that. It was a long walk to the office but that’s the only place I could think of and they charged only $8 per day. Plus, I don’t have to leave my precious keys behind. Much better.

Okay then.

So school holidays are here. I don’t have to chauffeur the kids to school anymore and the best thing to do now is take the trains to work. Yes – trains. Putra LRT and monorail. It’s a good few minutes walk from the parking lot to the station. No sweat. I’ve done it before. It was a 15 minutes ride before I had to change train. Another good 5 to 7 minutes walk to the monorail station.

Okay. I could feel the beads of sweat by then. It was a short ride to the final station. A couple more minutes of walking to the office followed suit. By then, I was cursing silently because I could feel the new shoes biting through my flesh. Not to mention that I could not smell the perfume anymore!

So here I am. Still minding the aches. It’s a total of half an hour journey. No traffic, no hassle to find a parking spot. Costs almost as much as paying for parking but in half the time.

Oh well. You can’t have it all. Maybe I won’t complaint as much when I’m used to this. Maybe I’ll brand muscular legs in a month or two. Berangan. Hahah.


By the way, parking is not the only expensive thing around here. The curry puff is now 70 cents a piece! Goodness gracious!


Lucky that I*G still provides free drinks to its employees.

Freshly poured teh tarik - all bubbly and nice.

Let me just enjoy my tea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

takper makcik. exercise.......