Monday, May 23, 2005

Dead Worried

VF called last night to tell that she’s been in an accident on her way to Penang. Somewhere nearby Ipoh if I’m not mistaken. The car kept going to the left causing it to hit the metal divider on the curb. Adding to that, the brakes refused to work. VF and her bf were very fortunate that they were unharmed and the car only suffered minor injuries. She said that she did not feel a thing – not scared or anything of the sort, which she said was weird. Like she was numb or something. I would give it a good shriek, if it was me. I was never involved in any major accidents. My entire life, I was in an accident just once. When I was 11. The whole family and a family’s friend went for a trip along the peninsular stretch starting from Batu Pahat in Johor to Batu Pahat in Perlis. It was sort of a gift for me for scoring 5As in my standard 5 Penilaian exams.

We were on our way to Penang when suddenly Tok Ayah hit on the brakes real hard that my head was stuck between the door and the driver’s seat. Luckily everyone was okay but the headlight went all crazy. Let’s just say that some monkeys had sleepless night then. Trees along the highway were brighter than all christmas trees in Maine put together!

Called Along to ask about Tok Mak and Chu Boy who were supposed to travel to KL today. Instead of her cheery hello, I was greeted by a worried voice. Something was wrong. She’s not very good at keeping calm in times of distress. Her voice trembled.

What’s wrong?
Chu Boy accident.
What?? When?? How is he?? Is it bad??*I’m not good at this either. Aiyooh!*
We’re on our way to see him. He’s okay but the car’s a wreck.
Call me again on the updates okay?

He hit a van. The van stopped on the fast lane to make a right turn and he couldn’t stop in time. Hit the van’s left rear. Couldn’t switch to the left lane or else he’ll hit a lorry. He’s doing fine but a bit shaken at the moment. Called Tok Ayah and suggested that they put off the travelling plan till the day after. Instead Tok Ayah said that he’ll be sending the lot to KL after Isya. Only God knew how worried I was the whole 5 hours, waiting for them to reach KL.

Deli called. He’s doing okay but was expected to slave till 9pm each day. My poor darling!

Need to iron some clothes for tomorrow.

19 more days to go. My oh my.

No comments: