Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What the...

Am back in the office. The first day since Mal left. She would normally call me at 4pm for Zohor and Asar prayer and we'll go to the surau together. The phone rang at 4pm today and i automatically assumed it's her. I have to get used to not having her around. Sigh.

Was minding my own business when LS came to my cubicle. I could tell from her face that she's about to bear pretty bad news. I was totally right. I was asked to man HRSC for 2 weeks. Until they could find a replacement. Refusing was not a choice.

Let's do a bit of back-tracking here:

Apr 1
Told Bossy Boss that i have another week at HRSC and to please inform the next person in line of their duty to man HRSC

Apr 15
My last day at HRSC. No word of who's gonna be the next 'victim'. I packed all my stuff and moved back to my cubicle. I'm finally free!

Apr 18
Still no sign of my replacement. Was asked to support VF while she man the center alone. I will still be doing the e-mails. Somebody will be here by May 3rd.

May 3
VF is still alone. Apparently the person who was supposed to man the center backed out at the last minute and the HOD decided to stall the transition process.

And today, i was asked to man it - again. I was a bit furious with Bossy Boss. He should not have asked for volunteers. He should have asked 'that' HOD to have someone take his/her turn and be done with it. He should have prepared a roster in the first place so that everyone would know their turn and be prepared when the time comes. This is all very annoying.

Very annoying.

No comments: