Sunday, May 22, 2005

Goodbye My Love

The kids didn't do their regular visit to our room last night so we had the whole night to ourselves. We had an early and quiet morning - just stayed in bed, savoring the final hours before he's off for three long weeks. The day that i dreaded most has come.

The cab arrived at 8.30am. His flight was scheduled at 11am. Both kakak and adik were up by then. They didn't whine or cry that their daddy had to go to work on a Sunday. It's not uncommon that daddy has to work on holidays. They're used to that by now. The only fact they didn't know was that they won't be seeing him for a few weeks. I'm sure I'll know what to tell them when they ask but how do i explain to them the length of time? How do i tell them that there'll be just the three of us going out for outings or grocery shopping?

Lucky that Tok Mak will be here to accompany us. At least she can distract them a little, if not much.

Spent the whole day at home. I actually cleaned the kitched, rearranged some stuff and did the laundry and was left with a few more hours to spare. I kept on thinking of things to do, to occupy my thoughts at least till night falls. My last resort? The new Quidditch World Cup. Played halfway and kakak finished it off for me.

20 more days to go. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum

Hi Arn,

Aske' here. Sad to hear that Deli has left for Japan, for 3 dread weeks....I've become one of your regular blog reader. Just to fill up my boring moments in the office. Hugs and kisses for the kids.

The Star Gazer said...

Ke', thanks for dropping by. We're surviving. At least trying hard to. We miss him so much!

I hope Rizal won't be as long in the States. Nanti terseksa jiwa raga tau! Tapi kalau lama pun ok gak. Buleh kitaorg tumpang melawat dia. Heheh!