Friday, May 04, 2007

Silent Scream

Where do i begin. Today's such a bad day for me.

After 6 days of pure bliss (minus the red pontianak eyes) and not having to think about anything other than myself and of course the brood, I was rudely awaken by bitter reality. Cecewah..

Was back in the office to find my mailbox badly congested with emails. My project team members (yup, 2 of them) were extremely thoughtful and sent me 2 emails amounting to 10mb worth of duplicate documents! Goodness! Does uploading the document to project team site mean anything anymore? Damnation!

Had lunch with the Dutchman at an Indonesian restaurant and the food wasn't to my liking. They just lack the spice, salt and TASTE. One of these days, we should go to Malindo. Eh, is that place still open for business?

Anyways, we walked all the way to Starbucks at Standard Chartered building to find that it's no longer there! Gone. Kapish.

So we walked all the way to The Weld for coffee and made our way back to the office. That was one long walk, i tell ya. Not to mention that it was scorching hot! I swear i've lost like a pound, judging by the amount of sweat i had to gracefully wipe away. Adding to that, i was wearing black!

My boss was on half day leave today so i took the opportunity to skip the boring and unnecessary department meeting and went to see the Dutchman instead. We talked about the scope change in our project and the discussion went on for 4 freaking hours! I felt like a complete loser during two of those hours. There are so much to learn and be good at. If it's not because of the passion to learn and improve myself, i would have submitted 'the' letter.

We talked about career development and the sort. I just don't see a future in this company. Fortunately, i was not the only one with that point of view. The Dutchman is seriously thinking about quitting himself. Sigh.

Anyways, it didn't stop there. Earlier last month, 3 of my project team members asked if i wanna join them at their table for I*G annual dinner and i gladly said yes. I was a bit surprised when the 2 (out of 3) decided to join the IT leng loi's and wonder if i'd still be interested to be at their table coz they have one last spot to fill. I didn't really gave an answer coz i was in a discussion then. When i was about to leave the office, the 3rd team member called and asked if i wanna join her and the Dutchman at their table. I never knew making arrangement to attend annual dinner would be this hard. I politely said that i'll let her know on Monday. Sigh.

Left the office a little after 7pm. The road was badly congested coz some moron decided to have people working on potholes at 7pm, closed 1 of the 2 lanes, on a Friday evening! I was stuck at that particular area for more than half an hour! Damnation!

When i got home, kakak told me that her school bus had some problem and she had to wait for an extra hour to be picked up by a school van, had to sit on some sort of a heater and her bums were burning from the heat, but enjoyed the experience nonetheless.

I couldn't believe all these happened in less than 24 hours!

By the way, someone called and asked about Chiam Tow Loong. Hahahah.

Here are some picts of him. Pardon the quality. I don't have a scanner so i had to use digital camera to capture images from the actual photographs.

Mr Chiam, the eye candy.
Sekali ada orang kenal dia. Malu gua! Hahahha


So VF, stop pestering me for his picts!

10 comments:

larawannabe said...

malindo dah tutup dah, last i heard. huhu.

The Star Gazer said...

Lara,
la.. ye ke? Do you know any other indonesian eateries in town?

Idlan said...

Hahaha ada gambar Chiam yo! Bukan ada ke gambar Kak Arn dengan dia.. kanak kanak tajaan Lotto? :D

The Star Gazer said...

Idlan,
wei.. hang ada photographic memory eh? hahaha.. i'm impressed! Indeed the pict exist tapi tak sanggup nak tempel kat sinih la.. terasa 'berumur' tau.. hahahaha...

Anonymous said...

hahahah ader pulak gambar dia. tak tahan!

The Star Gazer said...

VF,
mesti la ada... jgn jeles okeh! hahahahah

Idlan said...

Saya ingat gambar tu K Arn dengan Chiam tu.. sebab saya yang amik. Hehehehehehe.

The Star Gazer said...

Idlan,
i was too excited dpt bergambar dgn dia sampai terlupa saper yg amik gambar la.. hahah..

the good old days...

Idlan said...

Haha. Terkenang jugak saya kat sini. Gambar saya zaman muda muda takde ke Kak Arn? Jgn la letak kat blog.. email ke. Heheh.

The Star Gazer said...

Idlan,
i'll try my very best to find one and post it in here.. hehehe