Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Telling a little tale

That's it. There's no such thing as 'good Monday' except when you are on leave!

Things were rosy and yummy till noon. Everything after that went down the drain!

I was planning to have lunch alone & fast coz I wanted to have a report done for sign off later in the afternoon. The Dutchman called just as I exited the elevator and asked if I have any plans for lunch. We ended up having grilled fish and talked about the news he heard about me being upset with him.

Oh no. Danger zone.

Clearly it was a miscommunication coming from a third party. We quickly settled that and went on our merry ways to Starbucks for coffee. We were walking back to the office when I realized I was wearing my red babelicious thongs! Thongs as in seliper jepun okay, not the other 'thong'. Hahah. Spoil betul la.

We continued on with a report that I was supposed to forward to the project board when we noticed of an issue. We ended up talking and discussing and gossiping (my boss gladly joined in) till 4pm. By then, the one issue had birthed a couple more baby issues. Great. Just what I need. Bad enough that we're delayed by 2 days - this is going to add more to it. By 5pm, it's confirmed that the report needed a serious discussion. Damn.

Then I saw Deli's email - he's got a morning flight to Sydney instead of a 10pm flight and one of his staff just tendered his resignation. On top of that, he was piled with a whole lot of other problems. He called while I was reading his email. He said he's done something and he knew I'll be upset.

People should have just said it and leave the warning aside. It never helped!

All attention was focused to hearing what he had to say.

Deli: I bought a pack of cigarette and I've smoked a stick
Me: You managed to finish it?
Deli: Yes.
Me: Yummy?
Deli: No.

At this point, I almost wet my pants laughing at and with him. It never bothered me then and it won't bother me now. As long as he's not puffing at my face, I'm fine with it. He stopped almost 10 years ago (bravo honey!) at his own will. I hope he won't start again but if he does, I'm not gonna stop him. I'm just gonna stick posters on what smoking can do to a person, all over the house. Especially the one where they show what body parts can be affected and damaged. Probably I'll enlarge the groin section. That's a good place to start with.

Anyways, kakak is back to being her fussy self and refused to do her revision. Adik wasn't much of a help. He kept running around and annoyed kakak even more. She had a hard time focusing and resorted to being moody and grumpy. Yeah - like that's gonna make me stop yakking.

Retired to bed at 11.30pm feeling very, very tired and slept almost immediately.

Today's not that good either. I'll blog about it tomorrow.

p/s: VF, welcome back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buat lawak lah deli nie....