Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Me Brain Not Working Today

Adik spent the morning playing with Lily in the yard while I went off to work this morning. Lily managed to sneak out of the compound while adik wasn’t looking and poor adik, still clad in his pj had to run after him. Cute indeed. Heheh.

Lily’s been trying his luck with a few loose window panels these past few days. We have, a couple of times caught him outside the house. Dirt on his feet were evidence that he was out for quite a while. I think it’s only natural for a kitty like him to feel curious. I bet he thought he’s doing us a huge favor by waiting by the front door, acting like a macho cat, protecting the house from possible harm. In actual fact, we are worried that he’s gonna be chased and attacked by the strays littering the area. He was attacked by a stray a couple of months back and was warded for a few nights.

Poor yet naughty little Lily.

When I got in the office today, Ina called to remind me about tickets to JM’s concert. Apparently the numbered seats were sold out and we decided to opt for the free seating instead. Bought tickets for the whole family because the kids are an avid fan of Mr. Mraz. This is gonna be their first concert ever. I am excited for them but I think we need to work something out because the concert is on a school night. We’re such bad parents, I know. The thing is, this might be a chance of a lifetime – catching JM live in concert. It’s worth the trouble, don’t you think? No? Oh well. I think it is.

Got a call from Deli at 11.30am to tell that Lily has yet again, escaped from the house via a loose window panel. Deli had to take the kids out for lunch and send them off to afternoon classes, so he couldn’t look for Lily then. There’s nothing much that we can do except pray that he’ll be okay.

The boss called for a short briefing just before lunch to discuss the matter of I** making the headline in a few local dailies. For now, Asia Pacific is not directly affected – that’s a huge relief. A lot of announcements and write-ups to read, to understand the situation and how to deal with queries. I’m just glad that it’s not affecting our operations.

Had lunch with my GNO buddies when Deli called to inform that Lily found his way home. Thanks goodness! He must have been starving, poor boy. That’s another huge relief. He’s safe, unscratched and with all four legs still intact. Thank God.

When I got in the office, there was an email from the Compliance Officer, confirming that all audit issues for the Payroll Project are closed. Boy oh boy. This must be my lucky day. I can’t believe we managed to close everything with a wekk to spare.

I relayed the new to the boss and the Dutchman. The big boss mustered a ‘Good news, thanks!’ and that was it.

Oh well. So much for the enthusiasm.

I’m happy anyways. Finally, those people will be off my back. For good.

Can’t wait to pack and leave for the day. It’s been an eventful yet unproductive day.

3 comments:

Zara in Germany said...

me brain no work everyday

sigh....

The Star Gazer said...

Hang in there Zara!!! Give it a good knock on the wall - it'll do wonders... hahahaha

Ruzlina said...

i guess all of our brains didn't work all days. haha.

nway, i'm trying to figure out all the characters in your stories. i'm interested to know who that crazy girl is. what did u call her? haha. mesti smone i don't know.