Friday, January 23, 2009

Saying Goodbe to Gloomy Days & Jay

The Dutchman, my boss and I had a meeting with HCD this morning to talk about their planned initiatives/projects for 2009.

After the meeting, my boss told me that I will be managing a project for Banca. From zero to 2 projects – that’s some news! Alhamdulillah, thank God.

Later in the afternoon, the Dutchman dragged me to his project meeting and proposed that I become the BA. Oh my. Three projects concurrently? I must be dreaming!

I am wearing a pretty big grin.

Good things come to those who wait, patiently. Don’t you think so?

On a different note, today’s Jay’s last day. He will be off to join the government sector.

Truth be told, I am a bit sad that he’s leaving but I have to learn to be happy for him. One person less to be jolly and miserable with – it’s a pity.

I made him a book – a little something to remember us by. I asked (more like forced – hahah) a few friends and the whole department to write some words of wisdom for him. Took me 3 days to finish the book and though I was not happy with the overall presentation, I was thankful that people are willing to contribute ideas to complete the book. By the time Jay finished skimming through the pages, I received 3 requests to have something similar in the event that they might leave the company. Heheh…


Good luck and good bye to Jay.

No comments: